We would love to help with your maritime security needs!
Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) is a set of regulations that can be found in 33 CFR Parts 101 to 106. These regulations are enforced by the United States Coast Guard, a Department of Homeland Security. GemChem specializes in the facilities section of the regulations, Part 105. The following entities are subject to Part 105:
- Facilities subject to 33 CFR parts 126, 127, or 154
- Facilities that receive vessels certificated to carry more than 150 passengers, except those vessels not carrying and not embarking or disembarking passengers at the facility
- A facility that receives vessels subject to the International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, chapter XI
- Facilities that receive foreign cargo vessels greater than 100 gross register tons
- A facility that receives U.S. cargo vessels, greater than 100 gross register tons, subject to 46 CFR chapter I, subchapter I, except for those facilities that receiver only commercial fishing vessels inspected under 46 CFR part 105
- Any barge fleeting facility that receives barges carrying, in bulk, cargoes regulated by 46 CFR chapter I, subchapters D or O, or Certain Dangerous Cargoes